4.21.2008

Our Tree

We have a huge White Oak in our front yard. It doesn't shade the house, it leaves a thick caking of pollen on everything in the Spring, it has these little hangy things that stick to everything and causes a nasty pasty stuff when it is wet -- not to mention ALL of those leaves each fall. BUT OH... I will miss every aspect of this tree! I so enjoy watching the wind rustle through the branches, hearing the kids jump in the leaves that it leaves behind and watching them use it as a jungle gym. Their laughter has been the best part of this tree. Being as hormonal as I am -- I started to cry today when I realized that when this house sells I will no longer get to enjoy watching it go from season to season. I think leaving this tree will actually be right up there with having to leave Walker. I have decided that no matter where we end up -- there will have to be at least one HUGE tree in my front yard.

No comments: