4.02.2008

"Sing..Sing A Song...

Sing out loud, sing out strong. Don't worry if it's not good enough -- for anyone else to hear. Just sing. Sing a song. Lalalalala -- Lalalalalala -- Lalalalalalala......"

Does anyone else remember this song from Sesame Street? Doesn't it just make you smile!?!

Today I was picking up lunch for John and there was this young man in the car next to mine, sitting in his driver seat -- SINGING. He saw me ... and the other people who looked his way -- but he kept singing. It brought a smile to my face and I stated, "Good for you!" (Actually, I thought, "Bully for you kid!" "Bully" meaning the same thing a "Way to go" or "Good for you" -- Verbage I have seemed to pick up from my better-half's wonderful family).

Maybe it was that the song was appealing to me and/or his voice blended rather well with that of the song arteest -- I don't rightly know -- but I do know that it reminded me of those days when listening/singing(at the top of my lungs -- so that anyone else could hear) to my favorite song brought me happiness. Oh! -- the songs that still to this day will bring a leap to my heart, a twinkle to my eye and a bounce to my step.

I sang songs all the way to John and all the way home again, today. And ya know what -- it brightened every aspect of my life this beautiful spring day. May we all have a song in our heart and SING -- Sing OUT LOUD so that everyone else can hear!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

That is so cute! I have that song on a DVD that my kids watch all the time. I love singing in the car. My kids and I do it all the time. Mostly you hear Anne and myself, but every once in awhile you can catch Kyle and Toria belting it out.

Dessa Mae said...

I admit. I'm a car singer too!! And a shower singer, a toilet singer, a cleaner singer and a dog singer....hahaha....
Lolli is cute here!!